WHAT IS the ROCK-IT BOARD?
The rock-it is a beautifully handcrafted wooden balance board, used in multiple contexts across all ages for exercise and play. Rock-it boards get us MOVING...keep us FIT... so good for BODY and BRAIN!
Adult Fitness | Children's Play | Early Childhood & Schools | Workplace | Therapy & Rehabilitation...
Take a look at our
Rock-it Boards for Fitness and Well-being
Rhythmic low-impact exercise!
- Core strength and muscle tone
- Balance & Coordination
- Stretch and flexibility
- Low impact on joints
- Great for hip flexion
- Mobility & Rehabilitation
- Promotes good posture
- Stress release
Sustainable exercise for all ages that is achievable, effective and fun!
Yoga and Pilates - teachers and students are using the boards to complement and support their practice! (Check out our yoga videos in the Gallery and on Facebook)
Basic Exercise Instructional Video
Challenging Core Strength, Flexibility and Balance!
Rock-it Boards for Children and Education
Widely Used in Early Childhood Education and in Schools, rock-it boards keep children active, moving and engaged in play.
- Body and Brain development
- Balance and Coordination
- Sensory Integration
- Creative Open-ended Play
- Rhythmic - Calming and Relaxing
For children the possibilities are endless! AND...your rock-it boards will last for years!
Rock-it Boards in the Workplace
Rock-it Boards in the Office
- Great support for you at your standing desk
- Relieves muscle tension and back strain
- No more stiff knees and hips when you stand
- Stimulates heart rate and circulation
- Relieves workplace stress
Brings activity and fun into work! Moving during our working hours is essential to sustain our long-term health and well-being.
Rock-it Boards for Therapy and Rehabilitation
Rock-it boards can be a therapeutic and developmental tool, used ina variety of therapeutic contexts
- By physiotherapists, osteopaths, chiropractors, occupational therapists etc.
- To promote mobilisation of joints
- To help relieve back pain
- To assist in regaining movement,strength and tone after surgery, including after knee and hip replacement
- For mothers after childbirth, strengthening pelvic floor muscles
- To support vestibular and balance issues...and more
Where and how can I use the rock-it?
Preferably use the Rock-it indoors on a carpeted, non-slip surface. If you have wooden or tile floors, just use the board on a mat (yoga mats are ideal) You can tone and stretch your body while watching your favourite TV show, or chatting away on the phone! Outdoors on a dry grassy lawn works too.
Create a program to suit yourself - or take a look at the videos to see what you can do!
Riding a rock-it is possible for almost anyone. Effective low impact exercise - and it's FUN!